• People matter to God; they ought to matter to the church. Rev. 22:17• The church is the trauma center for the wounded. Romans 15:1,2
• Authenticity frees people and glorifies God in the process. 1 John 1:9
• The church should be culturally relevant and remain doctrinally pure. Hebrews13:8
• Full devotion to Christ is normal. Mathew 5:6
• Life change happens best in community. Romans 12:10
• Worship is a lifestyle. Psalm 42:1, 2
• Prayer is the lifeline of the church. John 15:7, 8
• Ministry happens best in teams. Hebrews 10:24
Connecting People to Jesus Christ and Together Growing in Full Devotion to Him
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy
He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."
~1 Peter 1:3
What We Believe:
- The Godhead exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Each Person is distinct, yet God Is one.
- The Bible is the written revelation of God to man. Its authority is complete and unchangeable.
- God created everything out of nothing by His spoken Word and in six literal 24-hour days.
- The fall of man was due to his willful disobedience to God.
- Jesus Christ is the Second Person or the eternal Godhead. His virgin birth is true; hence Jesus is God incarnate, making Him fully God and fully man.
- The death or Christ was the atoning sacrifice for man’s sin.
- The shedding of His blood accomplished the forgiveness of sin for those who believe in Him, and who have repented of their sins. On the third day after His death, He was raised in bodily form, and reigns with God in heaven.
- Jesus is coming again to receive His Bride, the Church. The Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Godhead, is sent by God to indwell the believer at his conversion, and guides him to righteousness and good works.
- Believer’s baptism Is an ordinance and a command given to the church by the lord Jesus Christ Baptism is described in the Word of God as baptism by immersion in water. It signifies being buried with Christ and rising to newness of life in Him.
- Observation of the Lord’s Supper is a command given to the church by Christ. It is a memorial of Christ’s atoning death on the cross, and it is a time of remembering His sacrifice of His life for our redemption.
- Every member of the church has been given by God one or more spiritual gifts for the support and edification of the local church.
- Elders give spiritual (shepherding) and functional oversight to the local church and its affairs. The elders share this responsibility at MacArthur Blvd Christian Church. Deacons serve the church through their various ministries.
- The Christian minister (pastor) is called to shepherd the people whom God has placed under his supervision. He Is the spiritual leader of the church, and also functions as an elder.